World Association 1500 Match
The WA1500 Match events all start from the holster. A current PA holster accreditation is mandatory for all shooters participating in these events.
As the Australian body affiliated to the World Association Precision Pistol Competition 1500, PA provides an international ‘career pathway’ for our Service Pistol shooters. Commencing in 2007 PA has sent teams to World Championships every year.
The WA1500 Match events are very similar to our PA Service Pistol events as these, and a number of other Service Pistol type matches around the world, share common ancestry.
WA1500 Match Events
The WA1500 international rules include;
- Revolver 1500 – open class revolver, max. 6″ barrel (calibre .32 or larger). Pistol 1500 – open class pistol, max 6″ (calibre 35 or larger)
60-shot events (the 60-shot course of fire is as for Match 5 from the 150-shot events)
- Distinguished Pistol Match – “light-modified” standard pistol max 5″ (calibre .35 or larger).
- Distinguished Revolver Match – standard revolver max. 6″ barrel, (calibre .38).
- Open Match pistol or revolver, also electronic sights, red dots etc. (as far as allowed by law).
- Standard Revolver 4″ Match – standard revolver, max 4″ barrel, (calibre .38)
- Standard Revolver 2.75″ Match – standard revolver max. 2.75″ barrel, (calibre .38) – Note that these revolvers are not permitted under Australian legislation.
The target is 75cm by 49cm and is at a distance 50yards to 7 yards.
Types of WA1500 Guns
Rules for RO’s